Taking and uploading photos using the Floorfy app is a very simple process. In this post, we are going to show you a step-by-step guide to using the app as soon as you have downloaded it.
First steps – how to set up your FlOORFY app and camera
2. Enter the account details that our team has provided you with.
3. Create a new virtual tour by clicking the ‘+’ button.
3. Start creating your virtual tour! Fill in the details of the property (its location, type, number of rooms, etc.).
4. Indicate the height at which you will be taking the photos. We advise that you position the 360º camera on a tripod at a height of 1.5 metres to capture the best, well-rounded shots.
5. Connect your camera to Wi-Fi. Once you have turned the camera on and its Wi-Fi network, look for the ‘Ricoh Theta Wi-Fi’ network on your phone.
6. Enter the password which is made up of the numerical section shown in the network name.
NOTE: When you connect to the network, a notification will pop up saying ‘Internet connection unavailable’, this is correct and you should remain connected to the THETA network.
7. Once you are connected up, return to the application. Start capturing your photographs by separately clicking each room icon in the order that you pass through the property.
8. As demonstrated before in our previous post on how to take 360º photographs, it is important to follow the next steps in order to successfully capture photographs of your property using the Ricoh THETA camera.
Advice – taking the photographs
Prepare the property:
- Turn on all the lights
- Open all the blinds
- Open all the doors
Prepare the camera:
- Clean the lens
- Attach the camera to the tripod
- Adjust the tripod to a height of 1.5 metres
Take care with ‘hotspots’:
- What are ‘hotspots’? They are the separate points where each photo will be captured, mimicking the steps a person takes when walking through a property.
- Always make sure you maintain the visibility between these hotspots.
- For example, when capturing a photo, the location on the floor of your next hotspot should always be in sight.
Doors are important:
- Always take photos in front of doors, never directly beneath or behind them.
When taking the photos, also remember:
Order is key:
- You should follow a logical order between each hotspot, make sure you do not skip any rooms!
The orientation of the camera:
- Always have the camera facing the same direction in order to properly replicate a person’s route through a property
- You should capture a photo from both the foot and top of each stairs
- Pay attention to any corners and changes in direction
Final steps – uploading the photos
Once you have successfully taken all the photos they will be ready to upload immediately to our platform at the click of a button.
Simply connect to a WiFi network and press ‘Upload pending photos’.
And that’s all there is to know! In 24 hours you will be able to start sharing your own virtual tour.
Discover our platform on your PC:
With our web app, you can also access more features that will allow you to view and edit your virtual tours and customize your profile:
- In the ‘My Profile’ section you can personalise your account details adding your logo, personal information etc.
- In the ‘Payments and fees’ section you can add your payment and bank account details
- In the ‘Properties’ section you can share and edit your virtual tours from the options each tour offers you.