Interactive technology in the real estate sector has given rise to tools that improve the shopping experience and facilitate the successful sale of a property. In this article, we are going to show you how to do a 360° virtual tour for your real estate agency.
The objective of a 360° real estate virtual tour
The main objective of a 360° virtual tour is to facilitate the process of searching and selecting properties. It allows for better time management by taking advantage of the opportunities offered by innovative technology to buy or rent a home without leaving your doorstep. Today we outline how a virtual tour with 360° cameras facilitates this path.
What exactly is a 360° virtual tour?
A virtual 360º tour allows the real estate agency and its agents to show homes to future buyers, from the office itself, without having to physically visit each of them.
This is a huge time-saver for both the agent and the buyer, who will appreciate the fact that their complex decision-making process has been made easier.
Through the virtual tour the user can literally walk around the house, approach and move away from points, see all the rooms and how the light affects each of them. In short, they can evaluate every relevant aspect of the property.
Thanks to digitization, the content is enriched, and the client can easily discover details that had been overlooked and envision how they would make the most of the spaces.
What is required to create your first 360º tour?
Assembling the tripod:
- Remove all parts from the box.
- Locate the tripod legs by the screws on the ends of the tripod legs.
- With the legs pointing upwards, push each tripod leg backwards so that the legs rest on the floor.
- Rotate the tripod so that the legs are pointing down again and unscrew each leg lock from each leg.
- Again, rotate the tripod so that the legs point downwards, allowing the legs to extend outwards.
- Lock the extended legs in place by screwing the latches back into place.
To store the tripod:
- Unscrew each of the latches so that the tripod legs can be compressed again and screw the latches back into place to lock them in place.
- When the legs are no longer extended, pull the red clip at the top of each leg while pushing it backwards.
- The tripod is now locked again and can be stored away.
At Floorfy we put all the material and knowledge necessary at your disposal to create your own virtual tours.- Prepare the house: Tidy everything. Make sure that the blinds are fully up and that the space is clear. An image is worth a thousand words, so take time “building” your dream house. At Floorfy we provide a specific camera that takes shots from all angles; nothing will be hidden! All you have to do is simply place our camera properly on its tripod. Wipe the camera lens with a cloth so the images come out with no spots.
- Connect your mobile to the camera via Wi-Fi so you can control it remotely through the Floorfy app. This way you will not appear in the photos as you will be able to press the capture button from somewhere out of shot using your smartphone.
- Take pictures of each and every room with one of the 360º cameras (you can buy or rent these from us), including hallways, terraces and exteriors. Ideally, you should have the tripod facing the same direction each time. That is, if you start taking the photos facing North, repeat this orientation with the rest of the rooms.
- Upload the photos to the Floorfy editor and configure the tour. This should take only a few minutes.
- Export the tour and upload it to your website and the real estate portals you work with to be able to show it to visitors.
Floorfy generates a link that can be sent directly from the platform through email or to social media. Furthermore, you can easily integrate it into your website without any problem.