In this post we explore how Floorfy’s virtual tours of properties can give your real estate agency the push it needs towards innovative technological development.
Technology has undoubtedly become the protagonist of the business scene. In recent years, the real estate sector has taken a step forward and has opted for virtual reality by which virtual tours are increasingly common.
There are already many companies and professionals in the sector who use them and enjoy their benefits. To explain it better, in this article you will be able to see what virtual tours are and why to implement them into your company’s portfolio taking into account the economic, social and cultural context in which we find ourselves.
2. What is a virtual tour?
To answer the question, a virtual tour is a digital tool that serves to simulate a real face-to-face viewing by means of 360-degree photographs joined and chained together through a software that will allow the user to appreciate the aesthetics, colours and finishes of a property in a much more comfortable and realistic way.
Below is an example of a 360º tour:
Upon getting to know this technology a bit better, we inevitably ask ourselves, what advantages can virtual tours offer me or my clients? In the following section we answer this question.
3. Benefits of virtual tours
3.1 Benefits of virtual tours for real estate agencies
Virtual tours make your work more comfortable and practical.
- Saves time: one study claims that the physical visits required to sell a property can be reduced by up to 70% by using virtual tours as an initial filter among potential buyers. This method avoids many trips that would end up being costly and unproductive for everyone.
- Differentiate yourself from your rivals and generate confidence: a property with a virtual tour included will stand out above its competitors in any real estate portal, as well as giving an innovative and reliable image to users that will make them more likely to invest in the property
- Be more visible to your potential digital clients: Internet search engines such as “Google” reward innovation and technological commitment. For this reason, homes with a virtual tour incorporated appear first among the results of a search. Betting on the latest technology to sell homes is betting on the satisfaction of your potential digital customers.
- Do not place time or geographical limits on your properties: show your properties 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the world.
3.2 Benefits of virtual tours for clients
- Don’t be fooled: it is well known that many of the images that accompany a property file do not reflect the true essence of the property, ignoring or overlooking details that can be crucial in the buyer’s final decision. With virtual tours you get a real and objective view of every detail of the property, without filters or secrets.
- Enjoy complete freedom: visit properties from your computer, mobile phone or tablet, no matter when or where. Once you enter a virtual tour, you have the freedom to choose where you want to go and how much time you want to spend browsing each room.
- Avoid unnecessary journeys: you can go through all the properties you want virtually with an immersion that is very close to the real thing. This will save you ,in many cases ,from moving to a home that may be completely different to how it looks in images. Without false and unrealistic expectations, unproductive visits are drastically reduced.
4. Which real estate portals use virtual tours?
Not all real estate portals currently support the integration of virtual tours. The leading real estate portals are:
Here are some tips to increase the visibility of a property in portals.
5. How has Coronavirus affected the real estate sector?
The pandemic that has transformed life as we know it has given us no choice but to adapt many of our habits, both personally and at work.
Measures such as the obligatory use of masks, the promotion of teleworking and repeated hygiene measures are not enough to curb consumer distrust. This is no different in the real estate sector, where there is a strong tendency for consumers not to go to other people’s homes out of precaution or fear of contagion.
As an alternative to a physical visit, the use of virtual reality in real estate agencies offers customers a way to visit and tour a property in great detail and safely, even closing sales and rental contracts through the virtual visit alone. It is a growing trend and a measure that has enabled real estate agencies and professionals in the sector to continue their activity successfully during coronavirus.
6. How can I acquire this technology?
To take these virtual tours, you only need a 360º camera, a panoramic tripod and the necessary software.
In Floorfy we have a simple platform to generate these tours, where your only task will be to take and upload the 360º photographs. Once uploaded, we generate the tour and deliver it to you. In addition, we offer you brief training on how to take 360º photographs so that you can get the most out of your camera.